Over the last couple of decades, very few enterprises have evolved quite as much or as rapidly as online casinos. Today, you can find plenty of online casinos operating in different parts of the world very successfully. Whether you want to play popular Poker games with friends or prefer a more eclectic game like Andar Bahar, it is all available on the internet. The only thing that iGaming platforms could not offer earlier which land-based casinos had, was a true, real-world interactive, irresistible gaming experience. But that was the situation until live casino dealers appeared. Now, there is a great number of online casinos that offer a full range of casino games that feature exciting live dealers games. Though hundreds of Indian players are now playing live casino games like Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat and even Andar Bahar with live dealers from the comfort of their own home, or even on their mobile phones still, there is an obstacle which lies in the need for more experienced live dealers to run the show, to present the best experience to all players. This article will brief you on everything you need to know in order to become a proficient live dealer. Continue to read on!
Who are live casino dealers?
Online casinos are more accessible, often have more games and, more often than not, have customer service on par with the land-based casinos. But for a long while, online casinos lacked the real-world communication and experience that land-based casinos have mastered.
It wasn’t until gaming technology caught up with the ideals of iGaming software developers that live casino games were introduced. If simply put, these games are live streamed across the web from a studio, or sometimes from a real-world casino, into the players’ homes. At first, live casino games were restricted to games like Three-card Poker and Roulette, but now it seems there is no casino game that cannot be live-streamed from a live gaming studio.
Now that we have explored what a live casino is, it will be pretty easy to guess what role a typical live casino dealer plays. Dealers are solely responsible for dealing with the games featured in a live casino just like in a regular casino, the only difference being they are streamed live across the internet instead of standing in front of players. So let us take a look at how one becomes a live dealer.
How to become a live casino dealer?
Typically, you do not require rigorous training to get into the field. Some online casino businesses even offer in-house training, especially, when they are just commencing their business. You must also have a clean record, have a lovely clean and tidy look with a great interactive personality, love to mingle and chat with people no matter how their personalities are.
Additionally, you must acquire the ability to think quickly and calculate numbers and love to count and work with numbers. You must also develop good eyesight wherein you can differentiate between colors, and handle huge amounts of money in addition to counting them. You should also learn to speak different local languages along with English fluently as this will help you deal with players from different regions.
Responsibilities of live casino dealers: A quick glimpse
Before focusing on the advantages and disadvantages of being a live dealer, let us pay attention to the responsibilities of live dealer casinos.
- First and foremost, you must have the qualities and skills required of any croupier or dealer.
- You must know how to play a variety of table games, as you may not only be required to lead these games for several players but may also have to explain the process and rules to any newcomer.
- As for fancy card skills, chances are these aren’t crucial when you first turn up to the job, but you could always pick them up as you go along.
- It is not all about the cards, though, as people skills are just as important as your skills with a deck. You must be polite, have well-developed people skills, be friendly and incredibly polite to make clients comfortable.
- Another thing to take into account is that live dealers must be dedicated to entertaining people. Live dealers should be able to focus on the game regardless of any distractions.
- Furthermore, live dealers should be able to handle stress appropriately.
- Last, but not least, live dealers should be sociable. So, if you are an introvert, you might want to avoid this industry.
Advantages of being a live casino dealer
- One of the main advantages of being a live casino dealer is that the job does not require any specific mathematical skills as it is the computer that does the math and not the dealer.
- The income of live dealers is also quite desirable and is on the increasing graph. Though the career of a live casino dealer was not so popular a few years back in India, with the current trend of people drawn more and more towards the online casinos, it is likely to catch up with the race.
- It should also be noted that being a live casino dealer requires minimum education. Dealers are trained in just a week or two.
- Live dealers who are a part of big and reputable casinos get incredible benefits too. Most high-quality casinos offer their personnel medical benefits, bonuses, etc. Some establishments also offer tuition reimbursement for college classes, related to the casino industry.
- Additionally, most live casinos work 24/7, which allows live dealers to work in any shift according to their choice. On top of that, taking time off tends to be very easy.
- Finally, live dealers can get tips, which is a great advantage. Players can elect (give) tips to the live dealer, just like at a brick-and-mortar establishment. As known, a live dealer’s pay relies heavily on tips, so it is always advantageous to work hard and earn higher tips.
As an Indian online casino player, you can enjoy a wide variety of live dealer games instantly from the comforts of their home. This form of entertainment is one of the latest innovations when it comes to online gaming. Without leaving your home you can immerse in a genuine atmosphere of land-based casinos and play some of the most entertaining classic table games in real-time. Tables are hosted by live casino dealers and croupiers and you can see how the game unfolds right in front of you with no doubt about the fairness of the gameplay.
Being a live dealer gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an exciting and thrilling world of online casino games and the chance to run the game without doing heavy mental work. If you think you’d make a great live casino dealer, then why not go for it!