Based on the Unified Payment Service (UPI), BHIM is an Indian mobile payment app that was launched by the NPCI in 2016. The app intends to facilitate fast, easy and secure e-payments directly through banks and drive towards cashless transactions.
Being one of the most popular payment apps in India, BHIM is now accepted by several online casino sites. On this page, we take a look at all that you need to know about BHIM as a casino payment method.
Pioneered and developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Bharat Interface of Money, or BHIM, is a payment app that was developed to bring powerful digital payment solutions to India’s emerging markets. The payment app lets you make simple, easy, and quick transactions using Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
With BHIM, you can make direct bank payments to anyone on UPI using their UPI ID or scanning their QR code. Also, you can use the service to receive money through BHIM UPI ID.
How do I get a BHIM UPI ID?
Here is a step-by-step guide to creating your BHIM UPI ID:
Step 1: Download and install the BHIM app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Step 2: Select your preferred language
Step 3: Select SIM which has a mobile number that is registered with your bank account.
Step 4: Login by setting a 4 digit application password.
Step 5: Select and link your desired bank account.
Step 6: Set your UPI PIN by providing the last six digits and expiry date of your debit card.
Step 7: Your account is now registered and ready to use.
How to make online casino deposits with BHIM?
Making an online casino deposit with BHIM is quite simple and straightforward. Below we’ve explained the deposit process in complete detail:
- First, you need to sign up for an account at an online casino that accepts both Indian players and BHIM as a payment method.
- After completing the registration process, log into your online casino account using the login credentials.
- Go to the payments section of the casino. Here, you’ll see a variety of deposit options like VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill, PhonePe, and more.
- Select Unified Payment Interface (UPI) as your payment option, as BHIM facilitates transactions using UPI.
- Enter your UPI ID and the amount you wish to deposit. You’ll receive a request for making payment of your desired amount. Confirm by entering your UPI PIN and proceed with the payment.
There are no charges for making online casino deposits through BHIM. Depending on your bank, however, you might be charged a nominal fee for UPI transactions.
More BHIM UPI deposit options
Payment to UPI ID of the recipient (casino)
With BHIM, you also have the option to make payment directly to the UPI ID of the recipient, which is the online casino site. The steps are largely the same, with the only difference being that you’ll have to enter the deposit amount and proceed with the PIN for confirmation here.
Make UPI payment through a bank account
When making an online casino deposit, some sites may redirect to a page asking you to enter your bank account details. As such, enter the required details like bank account number, IFSC Code, name of the account holder, and the amount you wish to deposit. Select ‘Proceed’ and you’ll receive a request to confirm your transaction. Enter your PIN to process the transaction.
UPI deposit through QR Code
One of the easiest ways to make casino deposits is by scanning the code of the recipient (online casino). The QR code has self-integrated VPA, bank details, and client details, but it may not be available with every online casino site. So, make sure to check its availability before proceeding.
How to make online casino withdrawals with BHIM?
To make online casino withdrawals with BHIM, just follow the below steps:
- Log into your online casino account using your login credentials.
- Go to the Payments section and select UPI as your withdrawal option.
- Next, you need to enter your UPI ID and the amount you wish to withdraw.
- After verifying the details, your casino withdrawal request will be processed.
Note that depending on your bank and chosen casino site, BHIM withdrawals might take anything between 1 to 5 business days.
Benefits of using BHIM UPI as a payment method for online casino
Along with being safe, reliable, and easy to use, BHIM UPI comes with a whole host of other advantages. Here are some of them:
- All deposits using BHIM UPI are processed almost instantly.
- You don’t need to remember your VPA, as it will be available in your BHIM account details. The only thing you need to remember is your UPI ID, which is a four-digit ID.
- Over 150 banks are affiliated with using UPI as a payment method.
- All the leading online casino sites support BHIM UPI.
- The deposit fees charged per transaction is nominal (just 50 paise).
Safety and security with BHIM
As BHIM facilitates transactions using UPI (which is managed by the NPCI), it uses some of the most secure systems possible. When it comes to privacy, NPCI is certified with three different ISO certifications. For data encryption, they use the latest encryption technology by RapidSSL. This means all your transactions with BHIM are completely safe and secure.
BHIM Payment method FAQs
What is BHIM UPI?
Based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), BHIM is an online payment app developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The app facilitates simple, easy and quick transactions using UPI.
How do I get a UPI ID?
To know your UPI ID, open the BHIM app and go to your account details section. Then click on the Bank account whose UPI ID you want to know. The relevant UPI ID will appear.
How much can I deposit with BHIM?
Usually, online casinos have their own deposit limit and it varies from casino to casino. There is, however, a limit of Rs. Lakh per BHIM UPI transaction.
How much money can I withdraw with BHIM?
The amount that you can withdraw using BHIM UPI depends on the online casino you’re playing at. Typically, the higher the tier a casino is with UPI, the higher your withdrawals will be.