The online gambling industry is a highly competitive sector, so online casinos need to keep up with the latest trends to satisfy their existing customers and attract new ones. The top online casinos do this by offering the best games, exciting bonuses and promotions and instant customer support. Along with these, most online casinos offer a multitude of payment options that cater to all players.
As with many other things, some online casino payment methods tend to be more popular than others. Skrill is one of these casino payment options that is used by millions of casino players in India and around the world.
On this page, we cover everything you need to know about Skrill, from creating and verifying a Skrill account to how to use it as a payment option at online casinos.
What is Skrill?
Skrill, formerly Moneybookers, is an e-wallet platform that allows users to make fast, secure and anonymous deposits and withdrawals into and out of online casinos using only their email address. Launched back in 2001, Skrill now has 36 million users across the globe. So, it’s no wonder why Skrill’s reliability makes it a favourite among online casino players worldwide.
Easy to use and free to set up, Skrill covers about 54 global currencies, the INR included. Skrill is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 for the issuance of electronic money and payment instruments.
How do I open a Skrill account in India?
- If you wish to register for an account at Skrill, here are the easy steps you need to follow:
- Go to the official Skrill website (Skrill.com) and locate the ‘Register’ button.
- When you click on the ‘Register’ button, you’ll be asked to fill the registration form. Here, you’re required to enter the correct details as they’re used later for verification.
- The details you need to fill in are first name, last name, country of residence, currency, email and password.
- Currency can be chosen as USD as there are no currency conversion fees on Skrill. However, Indian users are recommended to select INR as their preferred currency, as Skrill does not allow users to alter the currency later on.
- After filling in all the preliminary details, users need to verify their email. This is done by clicking on the verification link that you receive on the email you’ve provided.
- The next step comprises entering your bank account details or card information to make your Skrill account functional. Note that if you want to raise the limits of sending and receiving money, you need to get your postal address verified.
Verifying your Skrill account
As per the bank regulations, all Skrill players are required to verify their account. The verification process is fast, convenient and usually takes less than five minutes to complete. Here are some reasons and advantages of verifying your Skrill account:
- In order to open a basic personal Skrill account, users need to get their email ID-verified.
- To be able to raise limits of receiving and sending money, users need to get their postal verification done. In case of postal verification, Skrill sends a letter to the postal address provided by you and you need to enter the code provided in the letter to complete the verification process.
- Verifying your account helps Skrill protect you against fraud and ensures you always have access to your money.
- Bank account verification needs to be done in order to get funds transferred to your account. This can be done by the SWIFT code of the bank and the branch.
- In order to add debit and credit card information, you need to get your Skrill account verified. This is validated by a token amount being taken from your credit account, and it is then paid back to your account.
How to use Skrill at online casino sites
Here is a step-by-step guide to using Skrill at online casino sites in India:
Select an online casino site that accepts Skrill – For Indian casino players, almost all the top online casinos accept Skrill as a payment method.
- Sign up for an account – After this, you need to register for an account with the casino. The verification process at most accessible casinos in India is quite simple and can be completed in a matter of minutes
- Click on the payments section – The payment sections would offer a variety of payment options you could use to make deposits and withdraw funds.
- Select Skrill as the deposit method – Skrill would come under the e-wallet section at the casino. After choosing Skrill as your deposit option, you need to select the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Log into your Skrill account and verify the payment – Once you’ve completed the above steps, log into your Skrill account using your login credentials and verify the payment.
Pros of using Skrill as a payment method
Using Skrill as a payment method at online casinos has a whole host of advantages. Here are some of them:
Simple and easy to use
Skrill makes payment processing at online casinos a very simple task. All the user has to do is sign up on the web and they can easily avail the services that the platform has to offer. Skrill allows online casino players to make payments at online casinos around the world through its capability to transact with more than 30 currencies worldwide.
Another great benefit of using Skrill to make payments is that users don’t need to share their bank details with the online casino. Also, the payment method adds an extra layer of security to your transaction – it’s encrypted with the latest SSL encryption technology and needs only the number of the wallet to process the transaction.
Low transaction fees
The money transfer application can be used either for free or for very fewer fees as compared to Neteller and other payment options.
Quick and hassle-free transactions
Skrill transactions are processed faster than other traditional banking methods. This is especially true when it comes to withdrawing money from online casinos. Conventional banking methods may take up to a few days to process the withdrawal, but Skrill can execute it almost instantly.
Which Indian banks support Skrill?
Skrill works will all the major banks in India that accept credit cards. This includes HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Yes Bank, Citi Bank, Indusind Bank and Bank of Baroda. Remember to check the availability of Skrill with your bank as some of these firms don’t always accept this payment method.
Skrill has made it quite simple for Indian casino players to add and withdraw funds from an online casino account. However, when using Skrill as a payment method, there is some fees you may encounter, which include:
|Adding funds to your Skrill account||1.00% of the amount added|
|Withdrawing funds from your Skrill account||415.60 INR per withdrawal|
|Sending money||1.45% or a minimum of 37.78 INR|