If you’re looking for an online casino payment option that offers fast deposits and withdrawals, then choosing PayPal might be the best option for you. PayPal is preferred by millions of casino players across the globe thanks to its safety, security, convenience and reliability.
On this page, you’ll find information on everything you need to know about PayPal: how the service works, how to use it to make casino payments, and why it’s so popular among casino players in India.
PayPal is one of the most trusted online payment systems that is used by millions of users across the globe. Having been in operations since 1999, PayPal is completely free to use and is accepted by a variety of different online vendors. In recent years, PayPal has become a favourite payment option at many leading online casino sites.
This payment option works like a separate checking account for use at online casino sites. A user will add funds into their PayPal account via bank transfer or credit/debit card and then use the money to make payments at online casinos. With PayPal, it’s possible for casino players to make instant deposits and withdrawals.
How to create a PayPal account and add funds into it?
Creating a PayPal account is quite simple and straightforward. Here is a step-by-step guide for the same:
- First, you need to visit the official PayPal site (paypal.com)
- Then select the type of account you would like to create, and click ‘Get Started’.
- Enter all the required details and click ‘Continue’.
- Follow the instructions to complete the account registration process.
When it comes to adding funds, there’s no way for Indian users to top up their PayPal account. This is because the payment platform doesn’t support holding funds in the form of rupees. However, you can easily pay online by linking your local bank account or credit or debit card to your PayPal account.
Linking your local bank account
Follow these simple steps to link your local bank account to PayPal:
- Sign in to your PayPal account by using the login credentials.
- Go to ‘Payment Methods’.
- Click ‘+’ under bank accounts.
- Add your bank account details.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- After this, PayPal will send 2 small deposits to your bank account within 24 hours.
- Once you receive the deposits, click ‘Confirm’ near the bank details.
- Enter the correct deposit values and click ‘Confirm’.
Linking your credit or debit card
- For users who want to link their credit or debit card, follow this step-by-step procedure:
- Sign in to your PayPal account and go to ‘Payment Methods’.
- Go to ‘Credit and Debit Cards’.
- Click ‘Link a Card’
- Enter the required card details and save them.
- You’ll then be redirected to the card issuer’s website for authentication.
- Enter the OTP you’ve received within 48 hours to confirm your card.
Note that in order to confirm your credit card, you need to enter a unique PayPal code on your card statement. You’ll be charged $1.95 (approximately Rs. 140) for the same. Once the account gets confirmed, you’ll receive a refund of $1.95 within 30 days.
How to make an online casino deposit using PayPal
Step 1: First and foremost, you need to register with an online casino that accepts both Indian players and PayPal as a payment option.
Step 2: Go to the cashier section of your chosen online casino and select PayPal as your preferred payment method.
Step 3: Enter the amount you wish to deposit, making sure you meet the minimum deposit requirement.
Step 4: After this, you’ll be redirected to the PayPal login screen to verify the transfer.
Step 5: Once the transaction has been verified, the money will appear in your online casino account almost instantly.
Step 6: And that’s it! You can now use the funds to play your favourite casino games.
How to withdraw from a casino using PayPal
You can withdraw money from a casino using PayPal by following the below steps
Verify the details and go to the cashier section
Make sure you’ve completed all the wagering requirements before trying to cash out and submit all the required documents. Then you can go to the withdrawal section and choose PayPal for withdrawal.
Choose the amount for your withdrawal
After selecting PayPal as your withdrawal method, choose the amount that you want to cash out. Make sure that your chosen withdrawal amount falls between the minimum and maximum withdrawal limit.
Make note of processing timings
Enter all the necessary details and make a note of how long will it take to process your withdrawals. This includes both the casino’s processing time and the time to clear your funds through PayPal.
Enjoy your winnings
Once you receive your winnings, you can either choose to spend the money online or withdraw it to your bank account.
Pros and cons of PayPal
- Accepted by many international casino sites.
- Easy to link with your local bank account or credit/debit card.
- Has a great reputation for the safety and security of its users.
- Sometimes incur fees, although this is usually not the case at many online casinos.
- Indian users can’t top up their PayPal account directly.
Safety and security with PayPal
When using PayPal as a casino payment method, players are covered by numerous safety and security measures. This includes Fraud Protection, Buyer Protection and the usage of the latest data encryption techniques. PayPal strictly doesn’t work with online casinos that have a bad reputation, so players can rest assured that they’re playing at a completely safe and secure site. Also, PayPal has the Account Protection Feature that covers things like identity theft and unauthorized purchases.