Paytm has come a long way since its establishment in 2010 and the Paytm app is currently being used by more than 500 million users in India. So, it’s no wonder why this payment method is so popular at casinos and online betting sites.
Built specifically with the Indian users in mind, Paytm allows for fast and easy deposits and withdrawals at many online casinos. Also, it uses the latest security technology and is completely safe and secure when it comes to making online casino payments.
On this page, we take a look at this popular payment option and how to use it for online casino transactions.
Paytm signup process
To be able to make transactions with Paytm, you’ll first need to sign up for a new Paytm account. The sign-up process is quite simple and can be completed in a matter of minutes. Below is a step-by-step guide to opening a Paytm account:
- Go to the Paytm homepage and click/tap on the ‘Sign Up’ option.
- Enter all the required details like email address, phone number and password in the respective fields.
- Now Paytm will send a six-digit OTP on the mobile number that you’ve provided.
- Enter the OTP and click on the ‘Create My Paytm Wallet’ option.
- Your Paytm wallet will then be created instantly.
Verifying your Paytm account
Once you’ve registered for a Paytm account, you’ll have to verify it to be able to make transactions. As a casino player, it’s important for you to verify your Paytm account. Or else, you may not be able to withdraw your winnings from the casino.
Paytm has made it mandatory for all its users to fill out the Know Your Customer (KYC) form so that the transactions can be processed in a safe and seamless manner. The process for KYC is as follows:
- If you want to do online verification, then log into your Paytm account, click on KYC and enter your Aadhar Card Number in the correct column. After this, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and entering it in the required field will complete the verification process.
- If you don’t have an Aadhar Card or Aadhar Number, you can opt to complete the KYC using other documents. In this case, an agent will be sent to your address to complete the KYC compliance manually. For this, the address and the details of the document must be entered in the space provided.
Making deposits at online casinos with Paytm
Here is how you can add funds into your online casino account with Paytm:
- Register for a casino account
First and foremost, you need to register for an account at an online casino that accepts both Indian players and Paytm deposits.
- Go to the deposit page
After registering at an online casino, sign in into your account by using your login credentials. Then go to the deposit section of the gaming site.
- Choose UPI as the payment method
Once you click on the Deposit button, you’ll be redirected to the payments page where you’ll be able to see all the available deposit options. Here choose UPI as your payment option as you’ll not be able to find Paytm.
- Enter how much you want to deposit
Enter the amount that you wish to deposit into your casino account. Note that some casinos have minimum deposit requirements, so don’t forget to take a look at them.
- Locate and copy your VPA (UPI ID) on Paytm
Go to your Paytm account and locate your UPI ID. Copy it as you’ll need it later.
- Add the UPI ID on the payment page
Paste the ID in the box that says UPI ID Or VPA and tap on “Pay”.
- Accept the Paytm payment request
The bank will send a UPI request to Paytm which you must accept when redirected.
- Get confirmation and wait for it at the casino site
The confirmation of your payment can be seen on the page, and it will take a few minutes for the funds to appear in your account.
- Transaction success
Once you see the success option on the casino page, your transaction will be completed and you can use your funds at the casino site.
Withdrawing casino winnings with Paytm
Paytm is a ‘two-way’ payment provider, which means that it can be used to make both deposits and withdrawals. To make a withdrawal with Paytm, you need:
- Go to the Cashier section of the casino.
- Choose withdrawal and enter the desired amount.
- Select Paytm as your preferred withdrawal option.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the withdrawal.
Depending on the casino, your withdrawals will be processed within a few minutes or may take up to a few hours.
Pros and cons of Paytm
- Excellent payment option for players in India
- No fees included
- Instant deposits and withdrawals
- Problems could be solved with greater efficiency
Fees and timeframes
Paytm is known for its fast and hassle-free transactions, and both your casino deposits and withdrawals will be processed almost instantly. When it comes to fees, Paytm doesn’t impose any kind of charges themselves. But you might face an additional charge depending on your bank policy.
Security with Paytm
Paytm undertakes various measures to ensure that the personal and financial details of all its users are completely safe and sound. It makes the use of the latest security technology, ensuring that you’re completely safe and secure from hackers. Also, the service is licensed by the Reserve Bank of India, so you don’t have to worry about your financial or transaction details being exposed to any third party.