Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is one of the most secure payment methods that’s commonly used to make online casino payments in India. With UPI, casino players are able to send and receive money through their smartphone, without having to provide the financial details directly to the casino.
On this page, we take a look at using this popular payment service as a casino deposit and withdrawal option. Also, we provide an overview of other important information such as UPI fees, processing times and getting support. Take a look!
What is UPI?
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is an online payment system developed by National Payments Corporation of India. This popular payment method allows instant transfer of money from one bank account to another via one’s mobile phone. UPI works 24×7 and can be used to make payments for business transactions, utilities, online casinos, donations and many more.
How to make casino deposits with UPI?
Making online casino deposits with UPI is quite simple and straightforward. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Locate and register at a casino that accepts UPI.
- Navigate to the cashier section of the site and choose the deposit option.
- Select UPI as your preferred deposit option.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Fill in all the required details and confirm the payment through your app.
- Deposits are usually processed almost instantly. After that, you’re ready to start playing.
How to withdraw with UPI?
Making online casino withdrawals with UPI is just as smooth as deposits. Here is how it works:
- Log in to your online casino account and go to the cashier section.
- Navigate to the withdrawal section and select UPI as your withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Provide all the required details and follow the instructions.
- Click on withdraw.
Depending on your chosen withdrawal method, your cash out request will be processed in a few hours or may take up to a few business days.
How to sign up for UPI
If you don’t have a UPI account, here is a step-by-step guide on how to sign up for UPI.
- Install the UPI banking application from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Alternatively, you can download the app from your bank’s website.
- Create your profile on the app. For this, you’ll need to enter details like name, virtual ID and password.
- Go to the ‘Add/Link/Manage Bank Account’ option.
- Link your bank details with the virtual ID.
Pros and cons of using UPI for online casino payments
- The transfer of funds is fast and instant in most cases.
- The bill sharing option by UPI makes it easier to make combined transactions.
- The UPI payment method uses two-factor authentication which makes it completely safe and secure.
- UPI allows sending payment requests to the payee.
- The transactions done through UPI are shown in the bank statements.
- Some banks may charge a small amount of fee for UPI transactions.
Are UPI transactions safe?
Currently, UPI is one of the most widely used payments services in India. This is because UPI is the most innovative, safe and secure interface that is based on Single Click Two Factor Authentication. The end customers enjoy 24×7 availability and benefit from a single click authentication. The Two Factor Authentication is much like the OTP and provides players with the ability to access multiple bank accounts from a single application.
Also, all banks in India have special measures in place to maintain 100% privacy of online transactions of their users. These security measures make it impossible to get personal and financial details of their customers.
What are the charges for using UPI?
Compared to other payment services in India, UPI charges relatively low fees. The NPCI has stated that they’ll charge Rs 0.50 for each UPI transaction. However, additional fees may be charged by your bank, so make sure to check it before making any UPI transaction.
Getting support with UPI
Being one of the most popular payment services in India, UPI offers a great support department that will help you with all your queries while using it. First, the UPI has an extensive list of all the frequently asked questions and answers. Here, you’ll find answers to all the common questions.
If you are in need of personal support, you can get in touch with the customer support representatives via phone. You’ll find phone numbers to different departments on the UPI website.
UPI casino payment option – FAQs
Which currencies does the UPI payment service support?
As UPI is an Indian payment service, the base currency is the Indian Rupee. However, if you want to make UPI payments through other currencies, the amount can be converted for a small fee.
How long does it take to deposit money with UPI?
Online casino deposits with UPI are almost instant or may take up to 30 minutes with some casinos.
How long does it take to withdraw money with UPI?
Depending on your chosen online casino, it can take anything between a few hours or up to a few business days to process your withdrawal request.
What are the minimum and maximum transfer amounts with UPI?
The minimum and maximum amount that you can transfer to an online casino depends on the casino’s own policies and varies from casino to casino. Many online casino sites in India allow players to make a transfer starting from Rs 800, with the maximum limit of up to Rs 400,000.