Skrill is an online payment service, an E-wallet that allows you to make transactions and transfer funds to several countries around the world. Founded in 2001, Skrill is now owned by the Paysafe Group, a large payment group that offers payment services online, in person and through other channels. Skrill began as an E-commerce payment gateway specializing in gambling.
Opening an account with Skrill gives you access to the service as well as to the Skrill wallet. Skrill Money Transfer is fast, simple and affordable due to very attractive pricing, exchange rates and fees. You can transfer money internationally via Skrill Money Transfer and pay by credit card, debit card, SOFORT or bank transfer, depending on where you are located and the currency you are using. The beneficiary can choose to receive funds directly into their bank account, although receiving money into a mobile wallet is also an option for a small number of countries. It is a safe and very reliable method of payment. Here is a brief guide on how to create, verify and start using your Skrill account.
Steps to create your Skrill India account
- Go to “Skrill‘ and fill out the details to create your Skrill account filling details exactly like as per your government document.
- You will have an option to select country and currency. Select your country where you live and have a valid “Identity Document” of that country.
Note: You cannot change your currency once your wallet has been created.
- On the next page, enter your street address which is on your ID or bank statement for verification.
- The final step for the account opening is to add your phone number.
Once you have completed the above steps it is time to verify and remove any limits on Skrill account.
Document required for Skrill verification in India
Identity Verification – Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving Licence
Address Verification – Bank Statement (max 3-month-old), bill
Skrill account verification
Go to settings
Click on Verify Image
Step 1: Welcome verification
Simply take your selfie.
Step 2: Document Verification
Simply select country & select your type of ID
Upload the front & back of your ID.
Step 3: Selfie Verification
Take a selfie with your ID/ handwritten text.
Step 4: Location Verification
It is very simple. You have to just give access to the location.
Step 5: Address Verification
Same as identity verification.
Provide ID/Bill/Statement with Front/Back
It may take 24-48 hours to review your document and you will get notified by email once your account is verified.
How to withdraw money from Skrill?
- Navigate to cards and bank accounts and click on “Add bank account”
- Add a bank account
- Click on withdraw
- Select method and amount and click on continue
- Review the details and click on withdraw money
The following Indian banks allow Skrill transfer
- HDFC Bank( Platinum Chip Debit Card )
- ICICI Bank
- Axis Bank ( Chip Card and ASAP Account )
- Indian Bank( EMV Mastercard World )
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Indusind Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- CITI Bank
How much money can one keep in Skrill?
There is no limit.
Benefits of having a Skrill account
- You can easily receive payments from overseas and domestic companies.
- You can use your international debit card to make payments. This helps users who do not have credit cards.
- You can request payments from users using their email addresses.
- You can send money to any person from any country who has a Skrill account.
- Low deposit and withdrawal charges than Neteller.
Further, you need to link your Debit card, some debit cards do not work on Skrill.
- Once you have linked your bank account and debit card, you will be asked to submit your national ID proof for verification.
- In the next process, you need to verify your location. You can submit a utility bill or Bank/Credit Statement.
- The last step is to Verify your Skrill account by uploading a selfie.
- Make sure your face is visible and do not cover any information on your ID with your fingers.
- For India, users upload their pan card and bank statement for verification. (Verification may take 24-48 hours.)
After successful verification, you can check your profile and see that limits are removed. Now you have successfully created and verified your Skrill account.
Customer support in case transactions are stuck
Skrill has a customer support team that is available 24/7 phone or email, and an interactive FAQ section to help you troubleshoot any issues.
Skrill is one of the fastest and safest ways to move funds worldwide. Notwithstanding its high fees structure, it is used by most of the users. Skrill transfers are considered to be a safe mode of transfer, which is why most betting sites use skrill as their deposit method.